The past three days have been in the 90s here, And I’ve got the vapors, friends. I’m the one who fades and waves fans at her face, and I have been known to keep a tissue in my bra for wiping my brow. ( now that I have burned all my bras, I’m not sure what will happen going forward. We’ll see, won’t we?)
I just got out of a nice cool bath. The salts I had put in were a blend of green tea and some other things, so I felt like I was dipping ever so slightly into a brew of lightness for the summer. The water was a pale green and I’ve come out with clean body parts and a clean and fresh mood.
And its really stinking hot. and its only June 7th. Climate change and why I don’t want to run all the bedroom ACs yet. I really do not. I also want a serious break from my utility bills. Maybe in August, for two weeks. ?
I have these choices, and this list:
- Do all the outside tasks before 9:15 am.
- Do nothing. Stay as still as a rock in a shady section of the house. Look at a book if its not
- Remember that the kids will have to eat, pull something out to thaw.
- Remember that there is money to be made. Sit at a computer. Fingers flail and jobs are conquered.
- Stare out the window. Dream about whole-house AC.
- Worry about the summer and having kids needing to go places and eat things all day long, when its even hotter. (this worry is relatively un-worrisome, I’ve been through this many times, I will survive. I don’t know how I do, but I do. I will again.)
- Wonder when its going to get dark so I can go back outside again.
- Realize I am a total whackjob. Spent every single day of my summers as a kid at the beach. Even the rainy ones. I must move to Northern Maine, or Canada. I must.
- Tell you all about how much I love seeing faces again. I love love love faces.
- Go get an ice pop from the freezer.
Dem’s the breaks, kids.
I love love you. Yes, I do.
1 thought on “Heat, the vapors, and Me.”
So now you know that in your next house, whenever that may come along, that you’ll require central air as one of its features. Good to know that.