The past three days have been in the 90s here, And I’ve got the vapors, friends. I’m the one who fades and waves fans at her face, and I have been known to keep a tissue in my bra for wiping my brow. ( now that I have burned all my bras, I’m not sure what will happen going forward. We’ll see, won’t we?)
I just got out of a nice cool bath. The salts I had put in were a blend of green tea and some other things, so I felt like I was dipping ever so slightly into a brew of lightness for the summer. The water was a pale green and I’ve come out with clean body parts and a clean and fresh mood.
And its really stinking hot. and its only June 7th. Climate change and why I don’t want to run all the bedroom ACs yet. I really do not. I also want a serious break from my utility bills. Maybe in August, for two weeks. ?
I have these choices, and this list:
- Do all the outside tasks before 9:15 am.
- Do nothing. Stay as still as a rock in a shady section of the house. Look at a book if its not
- Remember that the kids will have to eat, pull something out to thaw.
- Remember that there is money to be made. Sit at a computer. Fingers flail and jobs are conquered.
- Stare out the window. Dream about whole-house AC.
- Worry about the summer and having kids needing to go places and eat things all day long, when its even hotter. (this worry is relatively un-worrisome, I’ve been through this many times, I will survive. I don’t know how I do, but I do. I will again.)
- Wonder when its going to get dark so I can go back outside again.
- Realize I am a total whackjob. Spent every single day of my summers as a kid at the beach. Even the rainy ones. I must move to Northern Maine, or Canada. I must.
- Tell you all about how much I love seeing faces again. I love love love faces.
- Go get an ice pop from the freezer.
Dem’s the breaks, kids.
I love love you. Yes, I do.