Cynthia Lee prompting me to look at obstacles and bahumbug. i’ve been there, and done that, relatively recently. I’ve got a lot. and I don’t want to spend time thinking about them, because resistance is basically in my bloodstream at this point. some people do coke. so.
HOW TO OVERCOME YOUR GODDAMN OBSTACLES, whatever they may be.
- ignore them. no, really, just plow on acting like you are not sick with fear or resentment. i mean, what the hell? just go.
- for the rest of us… listen to that motherfucking evil inner voice, and then shake your head madly in the kitchen and say something nice to yourself. bonus points if it is out loud or has swears in it. my favorite, “you make a kickass mac and cheese.” and i do. i really do.
- stare at them intensely, with your wild beady eyes, until you can pick and pluck them to nothing. leave no stone unturned, that kind of thing. also, you should probably get a therapist to help with some of it. its what they do, for fucksake.
- buy some more stuff.
- make a lot of jokes, but steer clear of hateful snarky bitchery, because that stuff leaves a stain.
- don’t assume that everyone has your obstacles. they fucking don’t. you are a uniquely troubled diamond of shine and love.
i love you, legit. try and stop me.