upside down and backwards. the prompt was ‘write what you are literally seeing and doing and noticing. 1-10, and 11.
- Ha. They thought I meant pee. Like, by choice. I sit here, probably peeing myself right now.
- The butter from the toast and its abandonshipratcrumbs are all over my face
- I’m broken by trying to plan kidcare for three during my one work-out-of-the-house day. The oldest being left to fend for himself, find his own way to the latest popup practice. And the sleepover I agreed to spontaneously that doesn’t actually fit and my fucking god, why do I do this.
- The wire support under the seat cushion has busted under my right butt cheek. I’m tilted . tilting. Windmills. You see?
- Everything is coming inside now, the spiders, the mice. Today I have what look like honeybees but seem too big. They want my cheapass sympathy-buy chai.
- I bought a backgammon board this morning because the goddamned school has a ‘dress like a storybook’ day instead of Halloween. But they do realize that thye’ve just added a SECOND costume to our lives, right? And so I had to go to the store and be a failure again, because I didn’t find anything. And found a backgammon board, because I think my kids are going to want to play boardgames when the whole world fucking shuts down again because we are a bunch of assholes in this country.
- Hope is a heavy weight and ghosts are heavy and all this weight is intolerable. My bones ache and my ass is falling through the chair and good goddamn, I am starved for companionship. Starved. My bones are sticking out.
- The cabinet door is open and I see the hopes and dreams dashed all over the half-used container of dates. The quarter full box of sugarcones. Going stale I bet, if not already gone. Sugared pineapple , 7 boxes of mac and cheese.
- The dog just ate that bee.
- I don’t . it doesn’t feel good. I’m so happy to be writing and I’m so depressed to be writing THIS. Look at my misery and weep. I am. Not even my houseplants are green enough today. The air is golden with fall and decay.
- This list is going on and on and on forever and ever.
Its a ten day writing prompt bonanza with Isabel Abbott. If you get a chance, do it. Its giving me a little boost in this time of discontent, fear and questions.
If you’re my friend, don’t worry about me. its a writing prompt and response.
bring it, winter is coming. bring it.