I did it. Done, baby.
and now, something entirely random. (I know… shocking.)
- I had to light the pilot light again this morning. Suggestions were that the wind is blowing it out. like, down the chimney to the basement and out. Is this a thing? I’m going to call plumbers again but since zero of the three companies I called last time ever responded to me? I’m not going to hold my breath.
- I had to drive to my ex’s to get the forgotten chrome book of kid #2. it was the first time I’ve ever been in there that it actually looked like a legit home and not some weekend camp. Its the best feeling, to know they’ve got a cozy spot when they are away from me. finally.
- I’m dealing with another edit on a story i’ve ghostwritten. Its a learning curve but I’m getting impatient for the learning curve to stop curving. This is not a good attitude to have.
- I bought a ton of plastic sheeting for the windows. Time to get to it. If I’m not here tomorrow you’ll know what i’m doing.
- My kids had their soccer intramural league cancelled because of an impending storm. there is some rage amidst a growing dissatisfaction with isolation and not seeing friends. this is a thing to worry about and handle, and currently it feels a little out of my control, as I’m concentrating on limiting exposures. a contradiction of intents. a contextual problem, a bomb.
- I keep feeling the radiator to make sure it is on. I am going to burn the shit out of my hand at some point.
- I’ve watched a handful of romantic style christmas movies. they are unrelentingly terrible. why is this a thing? and why have i watched a handful? who am i becoming?
- I’ve fallen off the food planning/pandemic wagon and I got take out twice for my kids this weekend. this is not the season to do this, but its definitely a hernia in the system, the constancy of food production. I’m weak. I’m weak! I sometimes literally hate the food production.
- There is clean laundry covering the kitchen table. Covering. Do you think that I can get away with skipping food production if I tie it to them putting clothes away?
- The Wiz, baby.
November, I have loved you.
Let us see what December holds.